Psalm 19:7-14, Nehemiah 8:1-12
TOGETHER IN GOD’S WORD!
- I could have done better with the title. Let me make it a little longer. Together We Believe in God’s Word.
- We claim to be and are known as a Bible-believing church. That’s a good thing.
- You might say, isn’t every church a Bible-believing church? Sadly, many churches do not believe that the Bible is the Word of God, inerrant in its original writing and preserved by God for us.
- We hold to verses like, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21, Romans 15:4, 1 Peter 1:23-25
- Psalm 119:89 – For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
- So, we say we are a Bible-believing church! Like anything else, it’s one thing to say you are something, and it’s quite another to live it out!
- How can we be sure we are Bible believers as individuals, and as a church?
- For us to believe God’s Word together, we need to practice:
- The Impact of God’s Word
- Internalization of God’s Word
- Interaction in God’s Word
IMPACT OF GOD’S WORD – Psalm 19:7-10
- Salvation Vs. 7
INTERNALIZATION OF GOD’S WORD – Psalm 19:11-14
- 11 – A cough drop must be internalized.
- “The eyes of God are the only eyes that matter.” Exalting Jesus in Psalms 1-50, p 143
INTERACTION IN GOD’S WORD – Nehemiah 8:1-12
- Congregation – Nehemiah 8:1-2 – Feast of Trumpets
Water Gate – Water for washing a symbol for the Word of God. Ephesians 5:26
Vs. 1 – Desire for the Word of God
Vs. 2 – All who could understand were there.
- Declaration – Nehemiah 8:3-4
Vs. 3 – They paid attention.
Vs. 4 – Ezra read 13 priests (?) stood with him.
- Exaltation – Nehemiah 8:5-6 – Worship
- Explanation – Nehemiah 8:7-8
Expository Preaching, Small Groups
- Consolation – Nehemiah 8:9-11 – Conviction, Comfort – Sin would be dealt with later. Day of joy.
- Celebration – Nehemiah 8:12