ACTS 2:37-47 – TOGETHER IN CHRIST!
Although Christians have individual responsibilities to believe in Christ and live the Christian life, God never designed Christians to function on their own. From the beginning, Christians were expected to exist together as “the church”.
From the very beginning, which we just read about, the church was made up of believers who met together. As the church was launching, there were three things they did together! These are the same three things, we, as a local Church, must do together!
TOGETHER WE BELIEVE – Acts 2:37-41
- Holy Spirit Promised – John 14:15-18, Acts 1:8
- Holy Spirit Fills, first witness. Acts 2:1-4
- Peter’s Sermon – Acts 2:22-24, 29-36
- Repent, Believe, Baptism – Acts 2:37-39
- Together, they believed. Together, we believe!
TOGETHER WE GROW – Acts 2:42-47
- Acts 2:42 – “Continued steadfastly”
- Doctrine – 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Timothy 4:2, 1 Timothy 3:2
- Fellowship – having in common, sharing, meals, meeting needs of others, interacting with others.
- Breaking of bread – Probably the Lord’s Table, binds us together in our mutual faith in Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- Prayer – Power in prayer. Acts 4:31, Acts 12:5
- 44-46 – They looked out for needs of others. This was not a form of communism.
- 47 – They were unified! There was joy!
TOGETHER WE WITNESS – Acts 2:43, 47
- 43 – Miracles were happening. The greatest witness we have is the miracle of a changed life controlled by the Holy Spirit.
- 47 – Good testimony. People coming to Christ regularly.