COLOSSIANS 3:14-17 – PERMISSION GRANTED!
- I try to meditate upon and obey these verses on a daily basis.
- I have realized recently that if I truly want to follow these verses, my Lord wants me to give him permission and my full cooperation.
- When I review these verses, a good prayer would be:
MAY THE LOVE OF CHRIST PERFECT ME (US). – Colossians 3:14
- Love binds us together so that we are perfected in harmony. I am not conflicted inside of me or with my Brothers and Sisters.
- This is a top priority, so I give my permission by keeping short accounts with my Lord (1 John 1:9) and asking for the Holy Spirit’s filling. (Galatians 5:22-23, Luke 11:13, 1 John 5:14-15)
- Of course, this means submitting to the Spirit’s guidance regularly.
MAY THE PEACE OF CHRIST RULE ME (US). – Colossians 3:15
- For the peace of Christ to rule inside of me and us, I must allow Christ to rule in me and other believers. (Matthew 11:28-30)
- A result of giving Christ this permission is a heart full of thanksgiving.
MAY THE WORD OF CHRIST INDWELL ME (US). – Colossians 3:16
- The word of Christ would include all Scripture. Jesus Christ is God, the Son.
- When something indwells me richly, it permeates my thinking. Worry, agendas, pleasure, and food can indwell us instead of the Word of Christ.
- Psalm 1:1-3, Psalm 119:1-2, and Psalm 119:11 are just a few verses that remind us to saturate our thinking with God’s Word.
- If the Word of God is indwelling each believer, we will corporately encourage each other, and be joyfully thankful in doing so!
MAY THE NAME OF CHRIST EMPOWER ME (US). – Colossians 3:17
- The name of Christ will empower us when we do things humbly with Christ’s authority. It will affect everything we say and do!
- And again, we are to be thankful!