MATTHEW 27:1-31 – PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY
THIS IS A BIBLE STUDY, BUT THE OUTLINE CAN BE USED FOR A MESSAGE.
Jesus is on the way to the Cross. There were certain people involved, besides Jesus Himself. Here is the part each played.
JUDAS – Matthew 27:3-14, Acts 1:15-19, Zechariah 11:12-13 – DEMISE
- How was Judas’ sorrow for sin different from Peter’s?
- What practical lessons do we get by examining the behavior of the Priests and Judas?
JESUS – Matthew 27:11-14, Isaiah 53:7 – SILENCE
- What is amazing about Jesus’ behavior?
- Why did Jesus take the false accusations without rebuttal?
PILATE – Matthew 27:15-26 – COMPROMISE
- What warnings or cautions told Pilate that he should not condemn Jesus?
- Why is it usually unwise to make a decision based on expediency?
THE MOB – Matthew 27:20-25 – REJECTION
- Who was responsible for this mob scene and why is that ironic?
- What is a “control-freak”? In what ways can we unwittingly become one?
THE SOLDIERS – Matthew 27:27-31 – BULLYING
- What traits of a classic bully do you see here?
- How were the actions of these soldiers and the high priests similar?