Psalm 93 – OUR DEPENDABLE GOD
A COMPLETE LESSON
· What are the traits of a dependable person?
· Why is being dependable an important characteristic?
· Why are undependable people or companies frustrating?
· How will knowledge of God’s dependability help you?
We are studying Psalm 93. We do not know who wrote the Psalm, or when it was written.
There is a good possibility, however, that it was at the end of the 70 year captivity of Israel.
To me, this Psalm shows how dependable God is! If God is dependable, as His children, we have nothing to fear! I see five things that I can count on because God is dependable.
I CAN COUNT ON GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY – Vs. 1
The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty;
· The Lord reigns because He is king! What should that mean for us when we don’t like what’s going on in the world?
· Why should the Lord’s kingship give me a sense of security?
· Why should the Lord’s kingship give me a sense of responsibility?
Romans 8:16-18 – The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
· Why should the Lord’s kingship give you a sense of awe? Psalm 24:7-10, Isaiah 6:1-4
I CAN COUNT ON GOD’S STRENGTH – Vss. 1, 3-4
…the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself:
The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
· In what ways has God shown His strength?
· The floods referred to here are very likely the heathen nations that rear their ugly head against God.
· I personally think of the floods as my problems. What should God’s strength and interest in my problems motivate me do?
I CAN COUNT ON GOD’S STABILITY – Vss. 1-2
…the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.
Psalm 90:1-2 – Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
· How does God’s stability make us feel about various governments?
· How should God’s stability make us feel about world situations?
I CAN COUNT ON GOD’S SCRIPTURE – Vs. 5a
Thy testimonies are very sure:
· What does this statement tell you about God’s Word?
· Name some of the great promises in God’s Word that are helpful in times of distress.
· God’s Word is very sure. What should be our response to it?
I CAN COUNT ON GOD’S SANCTITY – Vs. 5b
…holiness becometh thine house, O Lord, forever.
· What does this verse tell me about Heaven?
· Based on 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, what does this verse tell me about myself and my behavior?
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
How does Psalm 93 affect your thinking about God and your problems?