LOVING JESUS – JOHN 14:15-27
- What are the qualities of an ideal (not perfect) child?
- What are the qualities of an ideal Child of God?
- Why is loving Jesus a challenge? Mark 12:28-34
- In this section of the Upper Room Discourse, Jesus gives us some thoughts on loving Him and the Father.
CONDITION – John 14:15, 21-24
- What are some things that love for another person has motivated you to do?
- What specific things have you done in obedience out of love for Jesus?
- Do you think there is a difference between keeping Christ’s commands, and keeping His Word?
COOPERATION – John 14:16-18, 25-26
- The Holy Spirit is inside of us and guides, strengthens, teaches, protects, and enables us to love and obey!
COMMUNION – John 14:21-24
- How does Jesus manifest Himself to us now?
- How will Jesus manifest Himself to us in the future? 1 John 3:2-3
CALM – John 14:27
- If we love Jesus, we will obey. Philippians 4:6-7
- If we obey Philippians 4:6-7, we will have peace.