LUKE 1:5-25 – JUST RIGHT!
- Before the birth of Jesus came the birth of John the Baptist, his predecessor. to announce the coming of Jesus. (Luke 3:1-20)
- The greatest birth miracle ever was the birth of the Lord Jesus because He is the Son of God.
- The birth of John was also a miracle, because a very old couple who were well beyond the child-bearing years when he was born.
- When God does something, he always does what is right!
- The events surrounding the birth of John the Baptist, were “Just Right!”
THE RIGHT COUPLE – Luke 1:5-7
- Zacharias and Elizabeth were a Godly, righteous couple before God.
- Elizabeth was “barren” and they were supposed to be too old to have children. They were “Just Right” for demonstrating God’s power.
- God will sometimes take impossible situations and use them to demonstrate His power and greatness.
THE RIGHT TIME – Luke 1:8-11
- There were so many priests in Israel, that it is possible that Zacharias only got to burn incense inside “The Holy Place” in the temple once in a lifetime.
- Because it was time for God to use Zacharias and Elizabeth, Zacharias was appointed to burn incense when God wanted his Angel, Gabriel, to appear to Him.
- God will also allow things to happen in your life at just the right time.
THE RIGHT MESSAGE – Luke 1:12-17
- At just the right time Zacharias was told of the coming birth and ministry of his Son.
- God will reveal things to you in your life at just the right time that you need to hear them.
THE RIGHT SIGN – Luke 1:18-20
- The message seemed to be too incredible to believe, so he asked for a sign that these things would come to pass.
- Angel Gabriel rebuke Zacharias for his unbelief.
- The sign he received was that he himself would be deaf and dumb until the child was born and named. It was just the right sign because of his unbelief.
- We must be careful that we not deny the promises of God when they clearly apply to us in His Word.
THE RIGHT RESPONSE – Luke 1:21-23
- Zacharias knew what to do. By faith he went home and once again had sexual relations with his wife.
- The right response for us when we know what to do is to be obedient. We should always strive to obey God’s Word.
THE RIGHT RESULT – Luke 1:24-25
- Elizabeth conceived, thus fulfilling God’s plan.
- When we obey God, we will fulfill God’s will in our lives and end up doing what is “Just Right!”