PSALM 126 – JOURNEY OF A THANKFUL HEART
· What if I told you that you had to spend the rest of your life with a child who will either grumble or be grateful?
· You are on a journey. God is going with you. Do you think that God would rather have you be a grumbler or grateful?
· I think of Psalm 126 as the journey of someone I want to be. The Journey of a Thankful Heart.
· Psalm 120-134 – Psalms of Ascents or Degrees. Probably song by pilgrims on journey to Jerusalem.
RELEASE – Vss. 1-2a
· Looking back at a release from captivity, and remembering the joy.
· If you are a Christian you can look back at the joy that your release gave you – 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Ephesians 2:1-7
RECOGNITION – Vss. 2b-3
· Christ has changed the life of the believer. 2 Corinthians 5:17
· This change should be recognized by others.
· We should acknowledge with gratitude the change that Christ has made in us.
REQUEST – Vs. 4
· Different struggles come up. Our prayer should be “Please do it again, Lord. He will!
RESPONSIBILITY – Vss. 5-6 – Sow
· Sowing of the Word is done in own heart, and we must make sure our heart is the right kind of soil – Luke 8:11-15
· We are to sow the Word in the hearts of fellow believers – Hebrews 3:12-13 & 10:24-25, Colossians 3:16
· We are to sow the Word in the hearts of unbelievers – Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20, 1 Peter 3:15
REJOICING – Vss. 5-6
If we sow in tears, we will reap in joy.