TITUS 3:1-8 – GODLY LIVING IN A DISTURBING WORLD
- I’d like to suggest to you that we live in a disturbing world.
- It’s a world that was disturbed by the Corona Virus.
- It’s a world disturbed by natural disasters.
- It’s a world disturbed by moral and political polarization between the left and the right, liberal and conservative.
- It’s a world disturbed by questionable behavior. Isaiah 5:20-23
As Christians, it is easy for us to become worried, scared, alarmed, angry, frustrated by what is going on around us so that we become rattled, or disturbed.
The world that New Testament Christians lived in was also disturbed by Roman domination, idol worship, bad morals, and a host of other problems.
In this situation, the Apostle Paul gave instructions to a young Pastor on how to teach his congregation act in a world that was disturbed.
Let’s learn what to do when our world is disturbed.
RESPECT – Titus 3:1-2
- Government leaders are to be obeyed and respected, whether we agree or not. 1 Peter 2:13-15, Romans 13:1-7
- All people are to be treated with respectful behavior.
REFLECT – Titus 3:3
- Before we are too hard on people, we must remember our behavior before we came to Jesus. Ephesians 2:1-3
RELY – Titus 3:4-7
- Titus 3:4 – Romans 5:6-9
- Titus 3:5 – John 3:5-8
- Titus 3:6-7 – Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 8:15-17
- The only way we survive a world that is disturbed is to trust our Savior who is not! He must be relied on for eternal life.
Respond – Titus 3:8
- We do not earn admission to Heaven by our good works.
- We do good works because we are citizens of Heaven. Ephesians 2:10