WELL-ADJUSTED INSTRUCTIONS – PHILIPPIANS 4:1-19
FAMILY TALKS IN PHILIPPIANS #7 of 7
- What do you know about the Apostle Paul that suggests to you that he was a caring pastor?
- In most of Paul’s epistles, there is a practical section. Philippians is no different.
- While closing his book, Paul gives some instructions that address the Church in Philippi and are helpful to us!
STAND FAST! – Philippians 4:1
- What terms of affection does Paul use here and what do they mean?
- What does Paul mean when he says, “Stand fast”? Ephesians 6:10
GET ALONG! – Philippians 4:2-3
- Euodia and Syntyche had worked with Paul for the sake of the Gospel. Now they were at odds. Paul is begging them to get along. Philippians 2:1-8
- Perhaps “Companion” or “Yokefellow” was a person’s name. Maybe a church leader who could mediate between them and anyone else who might have been taking sides.
REJOICE ALWAYS! – Philippians 4:4
- In context, why was it important that they rejoiced in the Lord?
BE REASONABLE! – Philippians 4:5
- Gentleness carries the idea of “sweet reasonableness”. Why is gentleness a good testimony of the Lord.
- We never know when the Lord will come back. Let’s be a good testimony now!
BE AT PEACE! – Philippians 4:6-7
- Hearts and minds are guarded as we follow these principles.
THINK STRAIGHT! – Philippians 4:8
- To think or meditate on these things is to meditate on Scripture and the Lord Jesus.
APPLY WHAT YOU’VE LEARNED! – Philippians 4:9
- Be a Nike Christian, “Just do it!”. Obedience leads to peace.
BE CONTENT! – Philippians 4:10-13
- How had Paul learned contentment?
- The secret is to rely on Christ in every situation that you face.
GIVE SACRIFICIALLY! – Philippians 4:14-10
- They invested in the Gospel ministry. Vss. 14-16