2 Kings 5 – DIFFERENT KINDS OF FAITH
It is very easy to consider the story of Naaman as only a Children’s Bible Story. However, in Naaman’s story I see all different types of faith demonstrated. Some are the right kinds of faith, some are wrong.
1. THE FAITH OF NAAMAN’S MAID WAS SIMPLE – Vss. 1-3
She had faith in the prophet of God who could heal Naaman.
2. THE FAITH OF THE KING OF SYRIA WAS SECULAR – Vss. 4-6 – He would deal with the King of Israel. He would send money for healing.
3. THE FAITH OF THE KING OF ISRAEL WAS SHATTERED. –
Vs. 7 – He thought that this was a trick designed to start a war!
4. THE FAITH OF ELIJAH WAS SECURE – Vs. 8 – He was simply trusting God.
5. THE FAITH OF NAAMAN WAS SHOCKED. – Vss. 9-12 – Elisha did not come out and meet Naaman.. This is not what Naaman expected, nor were Elisha’s instructions. Naaman’s pride was hurt.
6. THE FAITH OF NAAMAN’S SERVANTS WAS SENSIBLE – Vs. 13 – They realized that what the prophet was asking for was not unreasonable.
7. THE FAITH OF NAAMAN WAS SUBMISSIVE – Vss. 13-19 – His whole attitude changed.
8. THE FAITH OF GEHAZI WAS SELFISH – Vss. 20-27 – He used a miracle which he did not perform as a means of personal gain. He received Naaman’s leprosy as a result.
(This would probably work best as a Bible class, or Bible study Lesson. Why not prepare a copy of the outline for each class member, leaving a blank for each “S” word? Let the class fill in the blanks as you teach the lesson.)