CHRISTIAN CHARACTER CLINIC
2 Peter 1:5-7
CHRISTIAN CHARACTER CLINIC
WEEK #9 – LOVING AS GOD LOVES – LOVE (Last of series)
2 Peter 1:5-7 - And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
1 John 4:7-8 - Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1 John 4:10-11 - Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
· Let’s list all the ways we can think of that God loves us.
· What is the ultimate way that God showed his love for us?
· What proof should we show that we are the children of God?
· What are some of the ways Christians display a lack of love?
Peter concludes his list of Christian Character traits with the ultimate quality that a Christian should have, charity or love. The word used for charity here is agape, the highest form of love. It is the same word used to describe God’s Love. Tonight we want to look at those qualities of love based on 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
· What are some of the ways a loving person shows patience?
· Does a truly loving person ever rebuke?
· What is the difference between being patient and being over tolerant?
· How have Christians been kind to you?
· How can you be kind when some people don’t deserve kindness?
· What causes jealousy?
· What are some of the terrible things that have been motivated by jealousy?
· Why might we have a tendency to brag to others about what we have done for them?
· Why is bragging unprofitable?
· How does pride hurt relationships?
· How can we safeguard against pride?
· As Christians, why should we strive to be courteous with everyone?
· How does selfishness hurt a church?
· How does lack of rest affect our tempers?
· How does bitterness affect our tempers?
· Why is it not our job to judge the motives of others?
· Why do some people rejoice in the failures of others?
· Why can we endure anything?
· Should we always believe what people tell us?
· When we “believe all things”, who are we trusting?
· What is our greatest hope?
· How does hope help us?
· How does God’s love never fail?
· In what ways should our love never fail?
Galatians 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.