ACTIONS IN THE RING
#12 of 16 – THE ACTION GOSPEL
· Who is the best “fighter” you have ever known personally?
· What is the most important thing that you ever fought for?
· In what ways was Jesus a “fighter”?
In Mark 12 we find Jesus’ opposition trying to discredit Jesus any way that they can. In a sense, we see the Lord Jesus “putting on the gloves” and “coming out swinging”.
A. THE LEASE – Vs. 1
B. THE REJECTED MESSENGERS – Vss. 2-5
C. THE REJECTED SON – Vss. 6-8
D. THE JUDGMENT – Vss. 9-11
E. THE ANGRY RESPONSE – Vs. 12
· What nation is pictured here? Isaiah 5:7
· Who are the rejected messengers?
· What are some of the sad points about the rejection of the son mentioned here?
· Who is in charge of the vineyard today? Should we be concerned? Why?
· What should have been the proper response to Jesus’ teaching? Vs. 12
A. THE COMMITTEE – Vs. 13
· Who were they?
· Why did they come?
B. THE TRICKY QUESTION – Vs. 14
C. THE TEACHING OF PRIORITIES – Vss. 15-17
· What is this passage teaching about taxes?
· We know what to render to “Caesar”. What does God want?
A. THE STRAW MAN – Vss. 18-23
B. THE REASONS FOR ERROR – Vs. 24
C. THE CORRECT TEACHING – Vss. 25-27
· What is the problem with hypothetical situations?
· Why is this one silly?
· What two errors mentioned here are often too typical of Christians? What is the solution to the problem?
· What do we learn about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Why is that an encouragement?
· What do we learn about the resurrection here?
· What was different about this scribe?
· These two commandments sum up the law and the prophets.
· Does this summary make keeping the commandments any easier?
This scribe was “not
far” from the
· What is the answer to Jesus’ question?
· What was the desire of the scribes?
· How were they hypocritical?
· What does this passage teach us about rewards in hell?
ü How should Vs. 31 motivate us today?
· Why must we be careful about what we give? Matthew 6:4
· Why is this woman still talked about today?