Hebrews studies series
THE SUPERIOR MINISTRY
HEBREWS STUDY #4
This is a Prayer Meeting Study, complete with questions for discussion.
s What are some of the ministries that Christians have?
s What are some of the ministries that our Lord has?
Of course, our Lord’s ministries are far greater than what you and I ever hope to accomplish. And our Lord’s ministry is far greater than that of any angel. With this in mind, we move in our study of Hebrews to a study of the Superior Ministry of the one we have previously seen as the Superior Son.
Ø The word “subjection” “referred to arranging soldiers in order under a commander”. It later came to mean any system of administration.
Ø God will not place the future administration of the world under the leadership of Angels but under the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ø I believe that this is referring to the Millennial Kingdom. Zechariah 14:8-11,
Ø The future world will not be ruled by angels. Is this current world ruled by angels? John 14:30, Ephesians 6:11-12, Luke 4:4-8
ü God’s original intent was for man to have dominion over the whole world. Genesis 1:27-28
ü What caused man to lose that dominion?
ü Vss. 6-7 – How is man made a little lower than the angels?
ü Vs. 8 – Again, we see God’s original intent for man’s dominion. But they are not under him yet. When will this take place? Isaiah 11:1-9
à Vs. 9 - Man is going to reign, and “we see Jesus”. What is the point?
à How was Jesus made “a little lower than the angels”?
à How and why did Jesus “taste death for every man”?
à Vs. 10 - What do we mean when we say a person is “becoming” or what a person did was “becoming”?
à Jesus is called “captain” of our salvation. Captain means “pioneer” or leader.
à If Jesus was sinless (and He was), how would His suffering make him perfect?
· Vs. 11 - What does it mean to sanctify?
· In what ways are we one?
· Amazingly, Jesus is not ashamed to call us “brethren”.
· Are we ever ashamed of Him? How do we show it?
· Vs. 12 – This is a quote of Psalm 22:22 and evidently speaks of resurrection.
· In verse 12 I see the risen Christ in victory declaring the name of God in the assembly or church. He gives praise to God and is joined by those who have believed on Him and are now brothers.
· How should this affect our worship?
· Vs. 13 – This is a picture of the Lord Jesus quoted from Isaiah 8:18.
· The Lord’s life on earth was one of perfect trust. He stands with those who also put their trust in Him and His Father. We are brothers because of our common faith.
V According to verse 14, what did Jesus do in order to save us?
V According to verses 14-15, what did Jesus’ death accomplish?
F Vs. 16 – What is significant about Jesus taking on the nature of man and not angels?
F Vs. 17 – How was Jesus like us? How was Jesus different from us?
F What did Jesus learn from His experience on earth?
F How did Jesus reconcile us to God?
F How is verse 18 a big encouragement?